Friday, October 15, 2010

Kayser Smackdown

Attention both readers!

I've been tasked with creating an announcement for the 2011 Kayser bonspiel for new curlers. In honor of the host club's 50th anniversary, the Potomac Curling Club is invoking the theme "back to the '60s". The design brief clarifies this as "not the hippy '60s, more like Camelot or Mad Men." Pretty clear, right?

I decided to take two design paths. On the left, the martini design, toasting the Rat Pack spirit of the '60s. On the right, the Mod design, inspired by the movie and music advertising of the era.

Since we can only use one, do you have a preference—martini or mod?

Click on image for larger view.

5 comments:

  1. I prefer the bolder design of the 'mod' example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for the red mod design too. Its boldness is vaguely reminiscent of the Swedish curling team's fab outfits for the Vancouver games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being your Mom I like them both! But...I'd have to go with the Rat Pack.
    I think it's a little easier to read. The red is eye catching, but a little more difficult to see the important info.

    Now make sure to call before you go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mod for sure. Martini is played out by now...

    ReplyDelete