Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Gambler, Through the Years

A couple jobs ago I had a boss who looked like Kenny Rogers. A lot.

You know the look: silvery white hair, complemented by a well-tended beard that looks equal comfortable reflecting the soft hues of stage lighting as it does catching sauce from a pulled-pork sandwich. Combine that with a confident chin tilt and a gaze that says, I'd like to get up in your Lady Stetson and you've got Kenny. So what's an employee whose boss resembles the Gambler to do? Why, submit his image to MenWhoLookLikeKennyRogers.com, of course.

I was giddy when they certified my boss' image as a bona fide Kenny look-alike by posting it on the site. Going back to visit the other day, I was heartened to find that my old boss Kenny...er, I mean Rick...is still pictured on the site (see Denim Kenny here) some seven years later. But a lot has happened in those seven years. Namely, the real Kenny has had some work done. Some horrible, disfiguring, plastic surgery kinda work. So much so, that he doesn't look like Kenny anymore.

This got me to thinking: if I submitted Kenny Rogers' own post-surgery face to MenWhoLookLikeKennyRogers.com, would he even be accepted?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the Gambler wasn't sure when to hold em, and when to nip, tuck and fold em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had the same dilemma, Printing Devil.

    ReplyDelete