Saturday, January 2, 2010

Font Songs

Typographers by nature are nerds. So perhaps it's only fitting that one of today's best type foundries is also one of today's best nerds. Hoefler & Frere-Jones inspired quite a few tweeters to bust out song title puns using names of typefaces.

Below is a list of some of the best from this summer's #fontsongs Twitter tag. (We warned you of the nerdom.)
  • We will, we will Rockwell
  • Rock the Caslon
  • I Meta Girl
  • ITC Clearly Now
  • Tempted by the Frutiger ’nother
  • Rockwell Amadeus
  • Gill Sans in a Coma
  • Get Down Onyx
  • I Wanna Bold Your Sans
  • Janson Queen
  • Take a Janson Me
  • Hotel Caledonia
  • My Tahoma
  • I’m So X-Heighted
When we told Duckpin's own Mom M. about this post, she spouted off a few of her own:
  • Lucinda, You're Breaking My Heart
  • I Had the Times of My Life
Think you can you outdo her? That's what the comments section is for.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought of some oldies....

    Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa
    Georgia on my mind

    ReplyDelete