Thursday, September 3, 2009

Supersized Linocut


Linoleum is a favorite medium of many printers, and we count ourselves among them. But few printers would conceive of a project of the magnitude that Mark Andrew Webber has. Above you can see him working on 5ft by 6ft typographic map of Paris. He finished the carving after two full months of work, but can't find anyone to print the cut. Why? There's no press large enough to print it. Oops.

Maybe the answer to his quandary is steamroller printing?

Thanks to James for the tip.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to see him pull that out on a bus in Paris to ask someone for directions.

    Also- quick question for you: Do guest editors receive any sort of compensation? If so, I have other random links from the interweb I can send to your CashForHardlyAnyWork program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How do I get to Eiffel Tower more or less?"

    It's standard policy that guest editors receive one half of this blog's revenue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have paid better attention during fractions class in third grade so I could figure out what guest editors really make.

    ReplyDelete